— What is Carbon Fee and Dividend? —
Citizens’ Climate Lobby proposes that a fee be placed on fossil fuels, based on the CO2 content of those fuels. Revenue from that fee would be returned to the public as a monthly dividend to protect households from rising costs associated with the carbon fee.
The Next International Call
Nov. 1: Charles Kennel, Former director of Scripps Institution of Oceanography
2C or not 2C? That is the question on CCL’s next international call.
Charles Kennel, who was the ninth director of Scripps Institution of Oceanography and a former Associate Administrator at NASA, is our November guest. He recently co-authored an article in the journal Nature arguing that it is time to abandon the 2C warming goal and track a range of vital signs instead, provoking “hot” debate in the climate science world.
Latest Tweets from Citizens' Climate Lobby
- Skeptics - think the IPCC is alarmist? Think again. They may be underestimating #climate change http://t.co/OOOIVeKj9r
- Another wake up call - 38 federal agencies reveal their vulnerabilities to #climate change http://t.co/exlTfADSB9
- Prepping policymakers for Paris 2015: IPCC preparing 'most important' document on #climate change http://t.co/yxQEiIqZYB
- In Key Midterm Races, Democrats Sound Like Republicans on #Climate Issue. Write your Senators today! http://t.co/zYl4QU7Xzr
- Interesting! Family planning could help #climate change, but not in our lifetimes, researchers say http://t.co/8EPUAgQigG
- Great piece in @nytimes: Why Republicans Keep Telling Everyone They’re Not Scientists http://t.co/qgulQm3EZm #climate
- Nice! Piece in Weekly Standard touts carbon tax: Better Than Regulation http://t.co/dkJ7N5PzjW #climate
News from Citizens' Climate Lobby
CCL at the World Bank and IMF Meetings CCL’s Global Strategy Director Joe Robertson spent last week attending the fall meetings of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund in Washington. He filed this field report Oct. 9,...October 12, 2014
Ask members of Congress to look at REMI study on carbon fee In meeting after meeting with congressional, whether Democrat or Republican, CCL is generating much interest in the study we released in June from Regional Economic Models, Inc....October 12, 2014
It has been shown that a properly implemented revenue-neutral carbon tax will achieve reductions in atmospheric greenhouse gases that science says we must, and result in increases in employment and economic growth both nationally and for our region.October 10, 2014
What Others Are Saying
- Sam Daley-HarrisFounder, RESULTS, Microcredit Summit Campaign, and the Center for Citizen Empowerment and Transformation
"With all the negative news on climate and Congress it's understandable to feel discouraged. But hopelessness is not a strategy for making a difference and neither is acting alone. Citizens' Climate Lobby is the antidote, the missing link, the Harvard of citizen activism."
- Dr. James HansenClimate scientist and former head of the NASA Goddard Institute
"Most impressive is the work of Citizens' Climate Lobby...If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group."
- Dr. Daniel Kammen Professor - University of California, Berkeley
"The Citizens' Climate Lobby has identified the issue of pricing carbon as a vitally important lever in promoting dialog and action on climate protection. If you've been looking for that one group to join, you can stop looking now."